Last Updated on
The below mentioned 16 points can be taken as an idea generator for your startup as a freelancer/entrepreneur. It is expected that you are proficient in writing English or at least there is a predilection towards the same. The parallel track of being a software programmer is always a welcome that actually adds perhaps higher income potential. In between can be a mix of one who can come out with contents in the form of say articles and develop websites using CMS like WordPress.
- Exploring Kentico, web content management and online marketing platform powered by .NET MVC technology as Solution Partner in addition to WordPress built on PHP technology.
- Making the best of data and data science through applications like Splunk.
- Exploring podcasting as an additional source of content dissemination by leveraging platforms like Podbean.
- Come out with at least 2 ebooks in the next 12 months to be published through Amazon KDP program wherein the source of the content will be already published blogs blended into a coherent book.
- To stay enrolled with learning programs with a tilt towards software programming on platforms like Edx, Udacity, and SitePoint. The SitePoint is convenient for those who are more comfortable with text books instead of videos.
- Make better use of internet marketing platforms including HubSpot and WPBeginner with its network of sites.
- Contemplate partnerships with financial software entities like LivePlan (Palo Alto Software), makers of business plan software and PayPal, international payment service provider.
- Working closely with affiliate partners as publisher (Commission Junction, ShareaSale, Impact Radius, Rakuten Linkshare, Partner Stack, Awin, Amazon Associates).
- Contemplate setting up a call center facility as part of outbound marketing for seeking national and international clients. For those enrolled in StartupIndia program, Exotel and MyOperator are providing a liberal free trial offer. Also interesting is free business phone system for startups by Callision.com (click here for special offer with extra perks).
- Keeping eye on fresh opportunities doing online work such as review writing, participating in surveys from the likes of MTurk, SwagBucks, Respondent, SlashData.
- Come out with videos in order to enroll/progress with YouTube Partner Program.
- Partnership with technology companies like WPEngine for developing state-of-the-art websites powered by WordPress and seeking overseas clients.
- Platforms like Linkedin Sales Navigator, SMergers for seeking financial deals.
- Buying subscription plans from local directories like IndiaMart and JustDial for seeking local clients.
- Explore ad space marketplaces like AdClerks for space selling as the same can be a source of fixed monthly income with an ideal to be approved by BuySellAds that demands 50,000 monthly impressions to be considered on their platform.
- Flippa and ideally EmpireFlippers, FE International for a possible sale of existing websites as the same can generate a significant capital gain.